YES!!! We take Child & Infant Passport & ID Pictures!
We know, you’re dreading the moment – vacation is coming and your 1 to 3 year old needs a passport photo. Yikes!
At D&R, we are known for being experts in taking child passport photos. We can take photos for infants, toddlers, children & youth passport & ID pictures. Our trained staff understands that life with kids is unpredictable. We are comfortable working with your children and have taken ID photos for children as young as 1-week old**!
**We recommend waiting until your baby can hold his/her head up reasonably well (usually around the 3 or 4 month old mark) in order to make your baby passport experience as painless as possible.
We do not charge extra for children’s passport photos
$10.71 + tax ($12 including tax) for a set of two prints.
But we do recommend allowing a little extra time to get the job done – most children’s passports are ready within 10-15 minutes or less.
You can find us at 6530 Fraser Street – Corner of 49th & Fraser next to Starbucks.
Quick Tips for Child Passport Photos
Here are some helpful tips to make getting your child’s passport photo as easy and painless as possible:
- Children must be dressed in dark clothing (to provide contrast to the background)
- Children must be wide awake with eyes open
- Try to find a time of day when your baby will be awake and happy – we cannot take a passport photo of a crying baby or child, this will not be accepted
- Photos cannot be taken in car seats or on parent’s laps – we will show you how we need you to hold your baby for the photo
- Try to explain to your toddler that this is a serious no smile photo, make a fun joke of it. They tend to want to smile for pictures, but around age two, there is less leniency with what passes.
- Never underestimate the power of bribery! Not that we condone it or anything, but sometimes a little incentive goes a long way towards a successful passport session with your little ones.
- Relax & breathe! We’ve had kids, we love kids & we know that they can be unpredictable and uncooperative. A little patience and we’ll get them done.
Visit the Passport Canada website here for more information on children’s passport photos.